The Cat DNA Health Screen & Life Plan is an at-home, feline-specific genetic test that allows you to learn about any possible health and wellness risks that may be present in your cat’s DNA. You also find out which physical traits are in your cat’s genes. So if you’ve ever wondered where your cat gets the extra fluffiness in his or her tail, now you can find out! As a bonus, the screen also includes a personalized “Life Plan” with suggestions specific to your cat to help optimize overall wellness now and at every stage of life.
You just swab the inside of your cat's cheek and return sample to the Orivet lab via prepaid envelope. Within 3 weeks of receipt of samples at the lab, results are emailed directly to you. You can then log on to your Orivet account to view detailed results and manage your cat’s Life Plan!
Why it’s important to know the information in your cat’s DNA
As a pet owner, you want to know as much information as possible about any potential health risks for your beloved cat. With knowledge from your cat’s genetics, you can make more informed decisions about their health-care needs earlier—possibly mitigating or even preventing illness down the road.
What you can do within your Orivet account after testing
One of the great features of this test is your pet’s online Life Plan, which you access through your secure account at Orivet.com. Within the Life Plan, you can record and manage all aspects of your cat’s care: schedule calendar alerts for pet appointments, plan medication reminders, interface with pet-care providers, and more.
Benefits of the Cat DNA Health Screen & Life Plan
- Screen your cat’s DNA for over 40 genetic diseases and traits
- Be a more active participant in health and wellness decisions—knowledge is power
- Invite your veterinarian to use the report as a resource for health-care decisions
- Use the Life Plan to more effectively organize your pet’s health care
Test Results Include:
- Easy-to-understand information about your cat’s risk for particular diseases, and details about their inherited traits
- A basic health schedule and Life Plan to help you better care for your pet
View Cat DNA Health Screen and Life Plan Brochure
View Sample Cat Life Plan
View Swab Collection Instructions