The Dog DNA Health Screen & Life Plan is an at-home, canine genetic test that allows you to learn about specific health-care risks present in your dog’s DNA. You also get information about traits as well as tendencies to react adversely to canine medicines. As a bonus, the screen also includes a “Life Plan” with suggestions specific to your dog to help optimize overall wellness now and throughout the different stages of life.
You just swab the inside of your dog's cheek and return sample to the lab via prepaid envelope. Within 3 weeks of receipt of samples at the lab, results are emailed directly to you. You can then log on to your Orivet account to view detailed results and manage your dog’s Life Plan!
Why it’s important to know the information in your dog’s DNA
As a pet owner, when you know details about your furry family member’s genetic information, you can make much more informed decisions about disease prevention—earlier. If you’re a breeder, you need to know if the dog is clear for a particular disease, or whether he/she is a carrier or at risk. This knowledge helps you make responsible decisions about breeding. Breeders also enjoy the benefits of information about a dog’s inherited traits.
What you can do within your Orivet account after testing
One of the great features of this test is your pet’s online Life Plan, which you access through your secure account at Orivet.com. Within the Life Plan, you can record and manage all aspects of your pet’s care: schedule calendar alerts for pet appointments, plan medication reminders, interface with pet-care providers, and more.
Benefits of the Dog DNA Health Screen & Life Plan
- Screen your pet’s DNA for over 150 genetic diseases and traits
- Take a more active role in preventing and detecting problems early
- Use the report for more informed communication with your veterinarian
- Use the Life Plan to more effectively organize your pet’s health care
Test Results Include:
- Comprehensive, easy-to-understand info about your pet’s inherited traits and predisposition to suffering from or being a carrier for genetic diseases
- A basic health schedule and Life Plan to help you better care for your pet
- Tendencies toward adverse reactions to certain canine drugs
View Dog DNA Health Screen and Life Plan Brochure
View Sample Dog Life Plan
View Swab Collection Instructions